Sunday, August 10, 2008

21!!!

today i realized dat 21 has made me a better person... juz within a matter of months into turning 21 i realized dat i have matured a lot...

A year ago i had a huge argument wit a very close fren... a fren dat was my only company in class n a fren who knew everything bout me during dat period of time... i was there for her when she needed a shoulder to lean on... i tried to make her strong n not feel the emptiness when she had no1 to turn too... i introduced her to my close frens... i made her one of us... i made sure she never felt left out... i included her in every one of my plans wit the gals... dats how much i tried being a good fren... but at the end of the day, she betrayed me... she told some1 very close to me at dat point dat i wasn being sincere, which wasn true n when she was one of them who knew the real story... every time i needed advise i went to her n i always asked her to tell me if i was doin something wrong or something i shouldn be doin... but she use to assure me dat i was on the right track... all i was hurt bout was 'Y couldn she have confronted me or told me straight when i asked her for her opinion'... 'Y did she tell on me???'... dat was something i couldn understand... coz if i were her, i would have told my fren off instead of telling the third party bout my fren.. as much as i tried to be there for her when she was down she tore me into pieces when i was doin perfect... n all this was done while she was still being the person to hear all my stories... she had told this third person not to tell dat she was the one who told bout me...

n knowing MMU is a very small place... n stories move aroun fasted than a bullet train, i found out within a matter of days dat she was the one who told on me... n therefore i confronted her and to cover up she told this person dat i was only doin dat to get back on her... so i decided dat i wud be the beter person n screw everything... so i stopped talkin n juz disconnected everything wit her...

n after more than a year... today i met her at the MMU convocation... she had come wit my frens as they were her frens too... so as i was wit these bunch of guys she suddenly pops up... n i as usual ignore her presence...
but after awhile n after being told dat y not i say hie as i wont lose much... i do...
i go up to her n start a very random conversation bout how is she n how's everything wit her... n the 1st thing she says is she din expect me to talk to her... n i tell her to leave everything in the past as its over n ppl do things sometimes without thinkin... n same goes to me... so we exchange apology n hugs too... then talk for a bit more n i move away... as i don wanna make things anymore complicated...
n during dat time did i realise dat man i have matured a lot... it isn easy to forgive and forget... but i did... my mum has always told me dat the easiest way to clear ur sins is to forgive and forget... coz as long as u hold dat anger n grudge its only gonna bring u down someday... but despite her preaching she still cant seem to forgive some ppl... but im glad dat her teaching has taught me something n has made me a better person... n to be truthful i did not lose anything doin wat i did today... it only made me feel better...
and i m very proud of wat i did...

4 comments:

Shad said...

yammmmm..didnt know you blog also..thanks for telling aarrrr

sutheshkumar said...

yam.
u blog 2?
since when lar?
and, welcome to da club. xP

CarrotEgg said...

ding dong~~~
u r tagged :D
hsemate!!!!

Karthigeyan said...

hmmm...forgive but NEVER forget... lessons such as this only teaches you to be extra cautious towards new people (this includes everybody except for your immediate family members) entering your life and also educates you on how to deal with them in the future, priceless life lessons. And they say, "hatred poisons the soul", this is extremely true from my past experiences, and your immediate action of 'disconnecting' yourself from all these negative aura was certainly an intelligent one....

hope all's well at cyber...